The fire service responds to a rubbish fire at Bonnetts, St Michael. (Photo by Maria Bradshaw)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Schoolboy title up for grabs Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
The sound of a fire engine racing through Bonnetts St Michael caused a big alarm moments ago for residents who were gathered outside their homes to witness the nomination process at Bonnetts Resource Centre.
However, it was a rubbish fire which, so far, has not interrupted the proceedings.
Fire officials are on the scene dealing with the situation which residents lamented was happening far too often.
They say persons usually dump on the unoccupied land and then light it.
One resident in close proximity had to summon an ambulance for her asthmatic relative. (MB)