The fire service responds to a rubbish fire at Bonnetts, St Michael. (Photo by Maria Bradshaw)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Cricket’s gain, football’s loss Read More
- Reifer shines in warm-up Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
The sound of a fire engine racing through Bonnetts St Michael caused a big alarm moments ago for residents who were gathered outside their homes to witness the nomination process at Bonnetts Resource Centre.
However, it was a rubbish fire which, so far, has not interrupted the proceedings.
Fire officials are on the scene dealing with the situation which residents lamented was happening far too often.
They say persons usually dump on the unoccupied land and then light it.
One resident in close proximity had to summon an ambulance for her asthmatic relative. (MB)