The fire service responds to a rubbish fire at Bonnetts, St Michael. (Photo by Maria Bradshaw)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
The sound of a fire engine racing through Bonnetts St Michael caused a big alarm moments ago for residents who were gathered outside their homes to witness the nomination process at Bonnetts Resource Centre.
However, it was a rubbish fire which, so far, has not interrupted the proceedings.
Fire officials are on the scene dealing with the situation which residents lamented was happening far too often.
They say persons usually dump on the unoccupied land and then light it.
One resident in close proximity had to summon an ambulance for her asthmatic relative. (MB)