The fire service responds to a rubbish fire at Bonnetts, St Michael. (Photo by Maria Bradshaw)
- Jamaican group completes take-over of Trinidad insurance company Read More
- Government ‘losing out’ on taxes Read More
- The Pipeman was loved by all, says Skerritt Read More
- Tridents pick Hales in first round Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Scenes of Barbados in Fenty ad Read More
The sound of a fire engine racing through Bonnetts St Michael caused a big alarm moments ago for residents who were gathered outside their homes to witness the nomination process at Bonnetts Resource Centre.
However, it was a rubbish fire which, so far, has not interrupted the proceedings.
Fire officials are on the scene dealing with the situation which residents lamented was happening far too often.
They say persons usually dump on the unoccupied land and then light it.
One resident in close proximity had to summon an ambulance for her asthmatic relative. (MB)