- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- WIPA executive returns for consecutive terms Read More
- 2nd ODI WI VS England underway Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Actor Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of lying to Chicago police Read More
THE CARIBBEAN COURT OF JUSTICE has ruled this afternoon that Chief Electoral Officer Angela Taylor has until midday on Monday to put CARICOM national Professor Eddy Ventose's name on the Electoral List.
If she fails to do so she will be held in contempt of court and faces sanctions.
The decision was made during a live link-up between Barbados and Trinidad. Ventose had challenged a decision by officials of the Electoral and Boundaries Commission not to place his name among those who are eligible to vote in the upcoming May 24 General Elections.
The final Electoral List is due out on Friday. (HLE)