Minister of Education Ronald Jones. (FILE)
- Greece ends bailout odyssey but Athens not in festive mood Read More
- Petra Roach named 2018 Ambassador of the Year at Virtuoso Week Read More
- Knight Riders gain revenge over Tallawahs with victory in final-ball thriller Read More
- ‘Time for pro’ hockey players Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Kingdom Arts brings fashion to stage Read More
Trade unionist Orlando “Gabby” Scott has praised Ronald Jones' stewardship as Minister of Education, calling him a tremendous minister, the likes of whom Barbados had never seen before.
He was speaking at a Democratic Labour Party meeting at Lodge Road, Christ Church tonight.
Scott spoke of new classrooms at the Samuel Jackman Prescod Institute of Technology Parkinson Memorial Secondary School and Christ Church Girls’ School as well as new courses at Erdiston.
He also defended constituency councils which he said had removed tonnes of garbage, dug wells and started backyard gardening projects in Christ Church East central. (CA)