Minister of Education Ronald Jones. (FILE)
- AA goes cashless in Barbados Read More
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- Lions ready to roar Read More
- Holder wants 300-plus scores Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
Trade unionist Orlando “Gabby” Scott has praised Ronald Jones' stewardship as Minister of Education, calling him a tremendous minister, the likes of whom Barbados had never seen before.
He was speaking at a Democratic Labour Party meeting at Lodge Road, Christ Church tonight.
Scott spoke of new classrooms at the Samuel Jackman Prescod Institute of Technology Parkinson Memorial Secondary School and Christ Church Girls’ School as well as new courses at Erdiston.
He also defended constituency councils which he said had removed tonnes of garbage, dug wells and started backyard gardening projects in Christ Church East central. (CA)