Patrick Husbands. (FILE)
- Greece ends bailout odyssey but Athens not in festive mood Read More
- Petra Roach named 2018 Ambassador of the Year at Virtuoso Week Read More
- Knight Riders gain revenge over Tallawahs with victory in final-ball thriller Read More
- ‘Time for pro’ hockey players Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Kingdom Arts brings fashion to stage Read More
TORONTO – Seven-time champion Patrick Husbands won twice but missed out in the feature races on Woodbine’s nine-race card on Sunday.
The Barbadian, who will celebrate his 45th birthday next Tuesday, won Race 4 with favourite Royal Creed and Race 6 with 3-1 choice Sanity.
However, he barely missed out in the main feature, the CAN$150 000 Grade III Marine Stakes when he finished three-quarter lengths behind winner O’Kratos, aboard 4-1 bet Machtree.
He also came up short in the$100 000 New Providence Stakes over six furlongs, finishing third with Goldoldhockeygame.
Husbands found success, however, in an optional claiming race over six furlongs when he made nearly all the running aboard three-year-old chestnut gelding Royal Creed to beat the three-year-olds by a neck.
His second win was also over six furlongs in an allowance event, in which he guided four-year-old bay filly Sanity to victory by 1-1/2 lengths over the three-year-old and upward fillies and mares.
Meanwhile, in Edmonton, seven-time reigning champion Rico Walcott landed a double on Sunday’s eight-race card at Northlands. The Barbadian snatched wins in Race 5 with 5-1 bet Texas Alley Kat and in Race 7 with Timely Prize, to move his tally to seven from 24 rides. (CMC)