This supporter proudly displayed her true colours, blue hair and all. (Picture by Christoff Griffith.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Lunch update: 2nd ODI WI VS England Read More
- WIPA executive returns for consecutive terms Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- QUON to represent the Barbados in TNT Read More
Stay firm and stay focussed!
That was the advice given to party faithful tonight by St Michael South East candidate Rodney Grant.
Speaking first at the Democratic Labour Party’s meeting at Villa Road, Brittons Hill, St Michael, Grant focussed on leadership and performance.
“We are promoting a more focussed manifesto plan in terms of how we intend to move Barbados forward,” he said.
“The BLP is giving everything but have no solid plans beyond vote them in and they will make the economy work” he charged.
He said Barbados was at the crossroads of its development and as a result more focussed leadership was needed.
“Stay the course with your party, he said, noting that ‘there is no reason to fear – no reason for you to change course’.
In terms of Barbados Labour Party leader Mia Mottley’s bid for Prime Ministership, Grant warned that she had never been tested in that role, as he stressed: “We are going into a battlefield; we need strong leadership that is tested.
“Who would you rather lead you into a battle? A private who has never been tested in war or would you rather a general lead you?” he asked. (MB)