- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Concern over spike in drug violations Read More
- QC and Foundation in final clash Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
The young St George man who fell from a truck yesterday is currently hospitalised in an unconscious state with traumatic brain injury, police say.
Twenty-six-year-old Omari Jabari Bynoe of Glebe Land, St George was reportedly sitting on the railing of a Toyota Hiace pick-up truck when he lost his balance and fell into the road.
The incident occurred during a motorcade hosted by the Democratic Labour Party’s St George South candidate Dr Esther Byer Suckoo.
The truck was going around a corner along Farm Road when Bynoe fell and hit his head.
Police say the driver stopped the truck and Byer Suckoo, who was travelling a short distance behind, rendered first aid.
Bynoe was transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance.
The truck by driven by owner Ken Forde, 57, of Sargeant Road, Ellerton, St George. (PR/NB)