Kirk Humphrey. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Lunch update: 2nd ODI WI VS England Read More
- WIPA executive returns for consecutive terms Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- QUON to represent the Barbados in TNT Read More
Tomorrow's General Elections are of historic significance for Kirk Humphrey.
Speaking from the stage of the Barbados Labour Party (BLP) platform at the Bay Street Esplanade tonight, the candidate for St Michael South said tomorrow's vote reminded him of August 1, 1834 when slavery was abolished and was also reminiscent of 1966 when Barbados gained independence.
With that in mind, Humphrey urged the thousands gathered to stay with the BLP as they looked to bring a new future to the island.
To do this, Humphrey insisted the supporters not only had to turn out to meetings, but also go out tomorrow and cast their ballot for the BLP. (AD)