Kirk Humphrey. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
Tomorrow's General Elections are of historic significance for Kirk Humphrey.
Speaking from the stage of the Barbados Labour Party (BLP) platform at the Bay Street Esplanade tonight, the candidate for St Michael South said tomorrow's vote reminded him of August 1, 1834 when slavery was abolished and was also reminiscent of 1966 when Barbados gained independence.
With that in mind, Humphrey urged the thousands gathered to stay with the BLP as they looked to bring a new future to the island.
To do this, Humphrey insisted the supporters not only had to turn out to meetings, but also go out tomorrow and cast their ballot for the BLP. (AD)