Professor Avinash Persaud. (FILE)
- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Sagicor rebrands Harmony Hall location Read More
- ‘Enlist’ housing areas Read More
- Dari-Anne fit to be queen Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mrs Maisel, Game of Thrones win on night of Emmy upsets Read More
BRIDGETOWN — RBC’s managing director for Barbados and regional operating officer for the Southern Caribbean Robert de Silva has announced that Professor Avinash Persaud has resigned from his directorships with RBC companies.
“Professor Persaud submitted his resignation from his directorships with RBC earlier today and it is with bittersweet emotions that we accepted it,” said de Silva.
“Our loss is a gain for Prime Minister Mottley and the people of Barbados. The new government will have tough decisions to make in the coming months to help build a better economy for all Barbadians.
“We are pleased to see that experts like Professor Persaud will be playing a key role in this process. On behalf of RBC, I wish Avi, and Prime Minister Mottley all the best in their service to this country.”
Professor Persaud’s resignation from all RBC entities and board responsibilities takes effect immediately. (PR)