Opposition Leader Bishop Joseph Atherley flanked by designated senator Caswell Franklyn (left) and spiritual advisor Rev. Trevor Daniel. (Picture by Sandy Pitt.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Windies set tough target for England Read More
- WI opt to bat first in opening ODI against England Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
Leader of the Opposition Bishop Joseph Atherley has named one of his two appointments to the Senate as well as a spiritual advisor.
During a press conference today, Atherley introduced trade unionist Caswell Franklyn as his first Senate pick.
“He is a respected and nonpartisan voice in the public arena especially with reference to civil service establishment regulations and wider industrial relations matters,” the opposition leader said, adding that he looked forward to Franklyn’s contribution.
Meanwhile, Reverend Trevor Daniel will serve as his “spiritual counsellor”.
“I will rely on his advice in pertinent matters of the spirit and apply those principles to the execution of my role in the wider public arena …, Atherley said.
He added that he would announce the next senator in a couple days. (NB)