- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) Dexter James is seeking to set the record straight on the hospital’s new payment policy. This follows an announcement by Minister of Health Donville Inniss that from next Tuesday, private care patients will have to pay the full cost of service before admission. Making it clear that the hospital’s fees had not changed, James said in a statement yesterday evening that the QEH would adjust the formula for the deposit from a flat fee to one based on the average length of stay per procedure. The total deposit will comprise hospitalization based on average length of stay, use of the operating theatre and consumables for such items as diagnostic imaging, laboratory investigations, drugs and medical supplies. (PR/DP) FULL STORY IN TODAY’S SATURDAY SUN.