Reverend John Rogers (left) and Canon Jeffrey Gibson.
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Former NBA player to participate in Digicel camp Read More
- Bajan Gems narrowly defeated by Northern Ireland Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
The Elective Synod of the local Anglican Church seems headed for another stalemate as it seeks for the third time to elect a new bishop.
The first round of voting just ended at the Christ Church Parish Church Centre with neither Reverend John Rogers nor Dean Jeffrey Gibson receiving two-thirds of the vote.
The results of that first ballot were announced minutes ago by Canon Wayne Isaacs. Rogers received 30 votes from the clergy and 59 from the laity while Gibson got 43 votes from the clergy and 23 from the laity.
The synod is now in the process of deciding the next step and it widely expected that another ballot will be taken. (GC)