Reverend John Rogers (left) and Canon Jeffrey Gibson.
- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Jamaica inch ahead of Barbados Pride Read More
- NSC abandons sports awards Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Don signs out Read More
The Elective Synod of the local Anglican Church seems headed for another stalemate as it seeks for the third time to elect a new bishop.
The first round of voting just ended at the Christ Church Parish Church Centre with neither Reverend John Rogers nor Dean Jeffrey Gibson receiving two-thirds of the vote.
The results of that first ballot were announced minutes ago by Canon Wayne Isaacs. Rogers received 30 votes from the clergy and 59 from the laity while Gibson got 43 votes from the clergy and 23 from the laity.
The synod is now in the process of deciding the next step and it widely expected that another ballot will be taken. (GC)