Daryl Clarke (FP)
- Petra Roach named 2018 Ambassador of the Year at Virtuoso Week Read More
- BPSA ‘intact’ Read More
- Hetmyer sets up Warriors for thumping victory over Tallawahs Read More
- 4 more karate gold for Bajans Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- TC regaled in tribute Read More
RALLY driver Daryl Clarke, who was badly hurt after a horrific accident in the Sol Rally Barbados on June 2, is to have another surgery.
This second surgery, likely to be later this month, follows one he had last week at the Broward Health Medical Centre in Florida.
Clarke and navigator Russell Brancker were flown to the United States last week after their Honda Civic crashed in the 29th staging of Sol Rally Barbados. The injuries were suffered on Stage 5 at Spring Vale.
Brancker, who has severe spinal injuries, is being treated in Cleveland, Ohio.
Automotive Art has sponsored a Help Russell And Daryl Me page which is being managed by Jeremy Foster. Funds on this page are in American dollars and can be transferred to the hospital in Florida.
Local donations can also be made to the Bank of Nova Scotia account: 000461181.
Deposits or online transfers may be made into this account at any Scotia Bank branch or through online banking. This account is being managed jointly by Jennifer-Ann Turney Gonsalves and Norman Catwell. Funds in this account are being used to cover the medical expenses of both rallyists. (MK)