Roseanne Myers. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Windies to battle Bangladesh in all three formats Read More
- Jules to miss USVI game Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
Roseanne Myers has been named the new chairman of the Barbados Tourism Investment Inc. (BTII).
Prime Minister Mia Mottley made the announcement this afternoon at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre during an address at the Barbados Hotel and Tourism Association’s (BHTA) annual general meeting.
Myers is the outgoing BHTA chairman.
Hotelier Kashka Haynes has been named deputy chairman, and both appointments will be subject to Cabinet approval.
Mottley said these changes would also mark a shift in the operations of the BTII from construction to sourcing investment for the hotel industry.
During the meeting, the BHTA also announced its new Board which will serve for the next year.
Steven Austin takes over as chairman and Karen Capaldi and Robyn Gollop-Knight will serve as first and second vice-chairperson, respectively.
Geoffrey Roach is the Director of Finance and Kavita Sandiford the director of Direct Tourism Services.
Shirene Mathlin-Tulloch is the chairperson of A Class services and Susan Nourse-Reece is responsible for B class and apartments.
Alfredo Giovine is the chairperson of Direct Tourism Services. (SAT)