Switzerland’s Steven Zuber celebrates after scoring their first goal against Brazil in their Group E World Cup match at Rostov Arena, Rostov-on-Don, Russia on June 17, 2018. (Reuters)
- Barbados, Symmonds, recognised at World Travel Market Read More
- Making monumental impact Read More
- WIPA, CWI launch health insurance for players Read More
- ‘Bring back Thompson football’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- World stage awaits artists Read More
ROSTOV-ON-DON, Russia − Philippe Coutinho scored a spectacular first-half goal for Brazil in their World Cup Group E opener on Sunday, only for Steven Zuber to cancel it out after the break.
Coutinho collected a bad clearance from the Swiss defence and curled an unstoppable shot in off the far post in the 20th minute for his 11th goal in 37 games with Brazil.
However, midfielder Zuber levelled five minutes into the second half as he headed the ball just under the bar from a corner. (Reuters)