- Seasoned executive joins Hilton’s global operations team Read More
- We’ve got your back, says Co-op Read More
- A work in progress Read More
- Windies Women complete camp before ICC WT20 Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- iWeb defending crown Read More
SANTO DOMINGO – An earthquake with a magnitude quake of 5.2 sections of the Dominican Republic late Wednesday.
The Santo Domingo State University (UASD) Seismology Institute said the tremor occurred at 18.88 degrees latitude, 69.9 longitude, at a depth of 72 kilometres.
The US Geodetic Survey placed the quake’s epicentre at five kilometres from Sabana Grande de Boyá, Monte Plata province.
It’s the second moderate quake registered in the Monte Plata area this month, after a 4.9 tremor, hit on June 3, with a depth of 47 kilometres.
That tremor was also felt in Greater Santo Domingo.
There have been no reports of injury or damage. (CMC)