- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Primary schools shift North Stars Read More
- Easy win for Pride Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
SANTO DOMINGO – An earthquake with a magnitude quake of 5.2 sections of the Dominican Republic late Wednesday.
The Santo Domingo State University (UASD) Seismology Institute said the tremor occurred at 18.88 degrees latitude, 69.9 longitude, at a depth of 72 kilometres.
The US Geodetic Survey placed the quake’s epicentre at five kilometres from Sabana Grande de Boyá, Monte Plata province.
It’s the second moderate quake registered in the Monte Plata area this month, after a 4.9 tremor, hit on June 3, with a depth of 47 kilometres.
That tremor was also felt in Greater Santo Domingo.
There have been no reports of injury or damage. (CMC)