- Region must err on the side of caution Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Surviving in a dynamic world Read More
- Young West Indies in Under-19 semi-finals Read More
- Broncos win Super Bowl 50 Read More
- EDITORIAL: Humane fix needed to solve squatting Read More
- WILD COOT: Wary Banks Read More
- Touched by 100% Bajan backing Read More
The Naton's Online Editor Carol Martindale looks at What's Trending today in Barbados. The story trending this morning is about the baby who was discovered in a drawer. Police are investigating the discovery of a newborn’s decomposed body in a St James home on Boxing Day. Reports indicate that the baby was delivered of a young woman, who not too long ago had also given birth to a baby girl and abandoned her. This is what some readers are already saying about this development: Margaret Ross: "So sad.This young lady, and I don't know her situation, but after reading that she also had another kid recently; something doesn't seem right. Safe travels little one. RIP." Janine Greaves: "Too many youngsters watching too much tv and following suit of nonsense they see. This truly breaks my heart. I don't know the mother's situation but this was not the correct choice to make. RIP little one." Conchita Moseley: Why? I can't believe that social services knowing that this young mother had abandoned her first child allowed her to keep this second baby. Even with supervision this baby would have been in danger. The mother is obviously not well. She needs help. May the little angel R I P. So many childless families might have wanted to adopt the child."