Cultural Ambassador and Barbados’ soca queen Alison Hinds (centre) and her husband, Edward Walcott (right), chatting with Ambassador Taglialatela. (GP)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Stoute loses Pride of place again Read More
- Skier bags silver for Barbados Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
United States Ambassador to Barbados Linda Taglialatela celebrated the US National Day with a wide cross-section of guests invited to the big June 14 party in the grounds of the Embassy.
Known as Flag Day, it commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States on June 14, 1777.
The Royal Barbados Police Force Band played while guests mingled and feasted on sumptuous fare characteristic of some of the most popular favourites in American cuisine.
Ambassador Taglialatela and Barbados’ new Minister of Foreign Affairs Dr Jerome Walcott joined in a toast to the US. (GC)