Cultural Ambassador and Barbados’ soca queen Alison Hinds (centre) and her husband, Edward Walcott (right), chatting with Ambassador Taglialatela. (GP)
- Barbados, Symmonds, recognised at World Travel Market Read More
- Making monumental impact Read More
- WIPA, CWI launch health insurance for players Read More
- ‘Bring back Thompson football’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- World stage awaits artists Read More
United States Ambassador to Barbados Linda Taglialatela celebrated the US National Day with a wide cross-section of guests invited to the big June 14 party in the grounds of the Embassy.
Known as Flag Day, it commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States on June 14, 1777.
The Royal Barbados Police Force Band played while guests mingled and feasted on sumptuous fare characteristic of some of the most popular favourites in American cuisine.
Ambassador Taglialatela and Barbados’ new Minister of Foreign Affairs Dr Jerome Walcott joined in a toast to the US. (GC)