- Barbados key to Cuba investment Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Is Clinton or Trump better for immigrants? Read More
- Positive reviews for Barbados surfers Read More
- Barbados thrash Guatemala 11-0 Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Unpredictable Matthew Read More
- EDITORIAL: Of servants and celebrities Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 30, 2016 Read More
Venezuela's President, Hugo Chavez, is suffering from complications resulting from a "severe lung infection" which developed after surgery. This is according to officials, who reported that Chavez, 58, had his fourth operation for cancer in Cuba last month. He then developed a respiratory infection. In a statement from Caracas, Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said the infection had "led to a respiratory insufficiency". Chavez is due to be sworn in for another term in office on January 10.