- CDB urges regional governments to act now Read More
- New equipment company opens Read More
- Neymar, Barcelona and Santos lose fraud appeals Read More
- NBA Hall of Fame finalists announced Read More
- TALKBACK: Smoking ban can hurt tourism Read More
- ALTAR CALL: Much joy at harvest programme Read More
- Stunning Shaunice wins Ms Holetown 2017 Read More
Venezuela's President, Hugo Chavez, is suffering from complications resulting from a "severe lung infection" which developed after surgery. This is according to officials, who reported that Chavez, 58, had his fourth operation for cancer in Cuba last month. He then developed a respiratory infection. In a statement from Caracas, Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said the infection had "led to a respiratory insufficiency". Chavez is due to be sworn in for another term in office on January 10.