- Past BIBA president now Spain’s honorary consul in Barbados Read More
- Freedom makes first call Read More
- BDF fields way to Sagicor T20 win Read More
- CARIFTA duo show their worth Read More
- Earning potential of young Bajans at risk Read More
- Don’t dismiss debt refinancing Read More
- Drop in Foreday Morning bands Read More
Venezuela's President, Hugo Chavez, is suffering from complications resulting from a "severe lung infection" which developed after surgery. This is according to officials, who reported that Chavez, 58, had his fourth operation for cancer in Cuba last month. He then developed a respiratory infection. In a statement from Caracas, Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said the infection had "led to a respiratory insufficiency". Chavez is due to be sworn in for another term in office on January 10.