- Rashida’s guide to feeding your passion Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Energy security Read More
- Sonic boom Read More
- Chargers closing in on top spot Read More
- Change Transport Board directors Read More
- EDITORIAL: Obama leaves office on a high note Read More
- Seven Bajans in semis of International Soca Monarch Read More
Venezuela's President, Hugo Chavez, is suffering from complications resulting from a "severe lung infection" which developed after surgery. This is according to officials, who reported that Chavez, 58, had his fourth operation for cancer in Cuba last month. He then developed a respiratory infection. In a statement from Caracas, Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said the infection had "led to a respiratory insufficiency". Chavez is due to be sworn in for another term in office on January 10.