Mount Gay Distilleries Ltd. workers at the clean-up on Brandons Beach. (Picture by Krystal Hoyte.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
Just over 150 Mount Gay Distilleries Ltd. employees took to Brandons Beach “to clean sea, sand and land” as well as plant trees for the first We Care Day as part of an international initiative by parent company Remy Cointreau.
With many if not all of the products manufactured within the Remy Cointreau Group being “derived from earth” the company is very focused on “terrior”.
Managing Director of the company Raphael Grisoni said the value of the environment to the company was immeasurable, adding that the company continues to take the initiative to protect the environment and all its commodities.
Revealing that he believed the company would not be significantly affected by the implementation of the water tax because of all the efforts being made to reduce and recycle water. (KH)