David Comissiong, the new Ambassador to Caricom (right), in conversation with Professor Sir Hilary Beckles at Thursday’s meeting in Montego Bay. (GP)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Jones smashes Forde’s 400m indoor record Read More
- The key for WI Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
Controversial attorney David Comissiong will be Barbados’ next Ambassador to CARICOM.
THE NATION was reliably informed that Comissiong’s appointment became effective on July 1, but Thursday night he said he was ambassador-designate, as the appointment had not been concluded.
He is in the delegation Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley is leading at the 39th Regular Meeting of the Conference of Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) in Montego Bay, Jamaica, as an adviser. Those talks started on Wednesday and will conclude Friday.
Mottley has lead responsibility for the CARICOM Single Market and Economy and Reparations. (SAT)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.