David Comissiong, the new Ambassador to Caricom (right), in conversation with Professor Sir Hilary Beckles at Thursday’s meeting in Montego Bay. (GP)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Controversial attorney David Comissiong will be Barbados’ next Ambassador to CARICOM.
THE NATION was reliably informed that Comissiong’s appointment became effective on July 1, but Thursday night he said he was ambassador-designate, as the appointment had not been concluded.
He is in the delegation Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley is leading at the 39th Regular Meeting of the Conference of Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) in Montego Bay, Jamaica, as an adviser. Those talks started on Wednesday and will conclude Friday.
Mottley has lead responsibility for the CARICOM Single Market and Economy and Reparations. (SAT)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.