Police have cordoned off the area where a shooting occurred earlier tonight. (Picture by Sandy Pitt)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Jones smashes Forde’s 400m indoor record Read More
- The key for WI Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
A 38-year-old woman was shot and killed tonight and her teenaged daughter is being treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH).
The names have not been released .
Police received report of the shooting, which occurred at Civilian Road, Bush Hall, St Michael, around 8:30 p.m.
The woman received several gunshots to the body and died at the scene. Her 17-year-old daughter was taken to the QEH by ambulance.
The area was cordoned off as investigations were being carried out.
Police are appealing to anyone who may have any information about this incident to contact Police emergency at 211 or District “A” station 4307242 or the nearest Police Station. (PR/SAT)