The five remanded from left to right, Shaquon Stafford, Rozario Boyce, Rashed Gittens, Corey Trotman and Andrew St Mark. (All photos by Jameel Springer)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
FIVE MEN WERE REMANDED to HMP Dodds yesterday on charges in connection with the robbing of a policeman of his gun while he was at the Hot Pot in Brighton, St Michael, with a female companion last month.
Andrew St Mark, 37, of Valley, St George; Corey St Clair Trotman, 42, of Dash Valley, St George; Rozario Dave Anthony Boyce, 23, of Howells Cross Road, St Michael; Rashed Jabar Gittens, 23, of Belleview Gap, Waterford, St Michael, and Shaquon Rashad Stafford, 21, of No. 2 Skeete’s Road, Ivy, St Michael, were all charged with using a firearm without a valid permit last Sunday.
They were also accused of using unlawful violence with others, and their conduct taken together was such to cause those at the scene to fear for their personal safety on the same day.
The men were not required to plead to the indictable offences. (RA)
Read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.