- Seasoned executive joins Hilton’s global operations team Read More
- We’ve got your back, says Co-op Read More
- Call for more courts Read More
- France lift second World Cup after winning classic final 4-2 Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Pan lovers take to the sands Read More
KINGSTON – The Electoral Commission of Jamaica (ECJ) on Wednesday announced the appointment of Glasspole Brown as the country’s next Director of Elections.
In a statement, the ECJ said the eight commissioners were unanimous in their selection of Brown who will also head the Electoral Office of Jamaica (EOJ).
Brown replaces Orrett Fisher who resigned in March.
Brown was approved following a selection process that was open to internal and external applicants.
Fisher walked away in March while in the middle of a court case that would determine whether or not he would continue as director.
He had taken the ECJ to court over its decision to extend his contract by one year after his initial seven year stint as Director of Elections had ended. (CMC)