- Government making strides towards going green Read More
- Debt restructuring the way to stability, says Persaud Read More
- Rain has final say Read More
- Benjamin raps selection process Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mrs Maisel, Game of Thrones win on night of Emmy upsets Read More
KINGSTON – The Electoral Commission of Jamaica (ECJ) on Wednesday announced the appointment of Glasspole Brown as the country’s next Director of Elections.
In a statement, the ECJ said the eight commissioners were unanimous in their selection of Brown who will also head the Electoral Office of Jamaica (EOJ).
Brown replaces Orrett Fisher who resigned in March.
Brown was approved following a selection process that was open to internal and external applicants.
Fisher walked away in March while in the middle of a court case that would determine whether or not he would continue as director.
He had taken the ECJ to court over its decision to extend his contract by one year after his initial seven year stint as Director of Elections had ended. (CMC)