Contestants in the Junior Monarch 7-12 category ready to take the baton from reigning monarch Summa. (Picture by Sandy Pitt.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
KCB will appear first on stage at the Scotiabank Junior Monarch Finals next week Saturday.
As customary, the younger contestants will face the judges first and KCB, who is in her second year, will be leading them.
She will be followed by Browne Star who is in his last year in this category, Master Kei, first timer Sakarah, Star Diamond, Joshua B, first timers Just Kari and Mighty Bit Bit. The latter is the youngest contestant this year at seven years old.
In the 13 to 18 category, first timer Quon will be first out followed De Overcomer, Princess Make'da, Yahandje, Dynamo, first timer Symar, Miracle and Raanan, a former junior monarch.
The finals will be held at the Wildey Gymnasium at the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex. (GBM)
Contestants in the Junior Monarch 13-18 category ready to take the baton from reigning monarch Sparkle T. (Picture by Sandy Pitt.)