Contestants in the Junior Monarch 7-12 category ready to take the baton from reigning monarch Summa. (Picture by Sandy Pitt.)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Concern over spike in drug violations Read More
- QC and Foundation in final clash Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
KCB will appear first on stage at the Scotiabank Junior Monarch Finals next week Saturday.
As customary, the younger contestants will face the judges first and KCB, who is in her second year, will be leading them.
She will be followed by Browne Star who is in his last year in this category, Master Kei, first timer Sakarah, Star Diamond, Joshua B, first timers Just Kari and Mighty Bit Bit. The latter is the youngest contestant this year at seven years old.
In the 13 to 18 category, first timer Quon will be first out followed De Overcomer, Princess Make'da, Yahandje, Dynamo, first timer Symar, Miracle and Raanan, a former junior monarch.
The finals will be held at the Wildey Gymnasium at the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex. (GBM)
Contestants in the Junior Monarch 13-18 category ready to take the baton from reigning monarch Sparkle T. (Picture by Sandy Pitt.)