A tractor carrying a water tank damaged a church at Dunscombe, St Thomas, on Thursday. (Picture by John Sealy.)
- Government making strides towards going green Read More
- Debt restructuring the way to stability, says Persaud Read More
- Rain has final say Read More
- Benjamin raps selection process Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mrs Maisel, Game of Thrones win on night of Emmy upsets Read More
A tractor driver was left thanking his lucky stars after a water tank he was transporting collided with a church at Porey Springs, St Thomas, on Thursday morning.
An eyewitness said she was at home when she heard a creaking sound and “ran up the gap to see what happened”.
She said she was shocked to see that the tank, which was attached to the tractor, had overturned and landed on the front part of Revival Faith Centre at Dunscombe.
Although the cause of the accident could not be confirmed, another witness said it was felt the vehicle blew a tyre.
The driver was said to be shaken. (JS)