A tractor carrying a water tank damaged a church at Dunscombe, St Thomas, on Thursday. (Picture by John Sealy.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
A tractor driver was left thanking his lucky stars after a water tank he was transporting collided with a church at Porey Springs, St Thomas, on Thursday morning.
An eyewitness said she was at home when she heard a creaking sound and “ran up the gap to see what happened”.
She said she was shocked to see that the tank, which was attached to the tractor, had overturned and landed on the front part of Revival Faith Centre at Dunscombe.
Although the cause of the accident could not be confirmed, another witness said it was felt the vehicle blew a tyre.
The driver was said to be shaken. (JS)