Reigning calypso monarch iWeb has said that he will defend his crown this year. (Picture by Jameel Springer.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Windies set tough target for England Read More
- WI opt to bat first in opening ODI against England Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
iWeb will be defending his Pic-O-De-Crop title.
He told NATIONNEWS today that he was doing so for his fans.
“My reason for defending is largely because there are so many people who pretty much support me and want to see me compete.
“They come to the tent (First Citizens De Big Show) every Saturday and after every tent they are so encouraging . . . the reaction also when I perform M.I.A. So I said I will do it for the fans.”
iWeb is also into the Sweet Soca and Party Monarch finals and will be the only calypsonian in three national competitions this year.
iWeb won his first Pic-O-De-Crop title in 2013 and successfully defended in 2014. He placed second in 2016 and won the title again last year. (NS)