Part of the crowd that attended the annual all-white Tipsy event. (Photo by Jameel Springer)
- Airbnb to remove listings in Israel’s West Bank settlements Read More
- Barbados, Symmonds, recognised at World Travel Market Read More
- Foundation encore Read More
- BiiG up Simpson, Smith-Padmore! Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Bim Tipsy is in full swing Read More
Daiquiri Beach was washed in a sea of white as a crowd of nearly 5 000 patrons eagerly awaited the arrival of Bunji Garlin and the Viking Band, and Kes the Band at Tipsy All-White Beach Party held last weekend at the Pirates Cove, City location.
The crowd was entertained by local DJs for a few hours, while they enjoyed a fully stocked bar and happy hour from 4 p.m. when doors opened straight till 5:30 p.m.
Local acts Jus D and two-time Bashment Soca king Stiffy had the crowd eating out of their hands with their hit songs Manager and Hole, and No Boring Girls Allowed and Lies and Mavis respectively.
Patrons were always served up an extension of the show on a silver platter, as it ended an hour and a half after the advertised 11 p.m. end. (RA)