- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Sir Hilary’s goal Read More
- Quake cancels CAC meet Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- A punishment, not deterrent Read More
- Neesha feels So Amazing with another award Read More
ICBL Empire, set up by a match haul of 11 for 109 from Jomel Warrican, easily defeated BDFSP by 98 runs and remained at the top of the LIME Elite Division standings with 74 points. Needing a challenging 261 to win after Empire declared at their overnight 153 for four, BDFSP were dismissed for 162 to give the hosts their third victory of the season. Left-arm spinner Warrican took four for 67 to add to his first innings seven for 42, while off-spinner Roston Chase captured four for 36 to be the main destroyers. Fast-bowler Tennyson Roach took two wickets to put BDFSP under early pressure. Antonio Greenidge made an impressive 75 and shared a third wicket stand of 55 with Mario Rampersaud before the latter offered a return catch to Warrican. At tea, BDFSP were still in with a chance at 128 for four with Greenidge on 63 and Ackeem Clinkett 19. Those hopes faded once Greenidge was caught in the deep off Chase. His knock spanned 165 minutes and included 12 threes and five fours from 111 deliveries. Clinkett (22) and Ravendara Persaud were both caught at deep mid-wicket off Warrican. Chase picked up three of the last four wickets from the northern end.