- Report: Apple launching new products in March Read More
- BARBADOS' BEST EMPLOYERS: Cave Shepherd Card Services Read More
- CLOSE Day 2: Barbados Pride take 22-run lead Read More
- TEA Day 2: Barbados Pride cruising on 189 for 1 Read More
- RON IN COMMON: A press conference with a difference Read More
- PUDDING & SOUSE: At home in the slums Read More
- Weekend Buzz February 12, 2016 Read More
Barbados Fire Service marched into the Sagicor General Shield final after dethroning 2012 champions Nicholls Baking Combermere with a big victory by 97 runs in their semi-final clash at the Desmond Haynes Oval yesterday. Boasting several recent former Division 1 players, Barbados Fire Service made a competitive 209 in 37.1 overs and dismissed the three-time champions for 112 in 32.1 overs. Barbados Fire Service’s total was built on a knock 70 by former St Catherine Division One batsman Shawn Sargeant with supporting contributions from captain Patrick Skeete (40) and Brian Shepherd (23). Shepherd, another former St Catherine Division 1 representative, was one of four bowlers who took two wickets in helping to restrict Combermere. Summarized scores: Barbados Fire Service 209 in 37.1 overs (Shawn Sargeant 70, P. Smith 40, B. Shepherd 23, A. Bowen 17; D. Goodman 4-39, I. Boyce 2-27). Combermere 112 in 32.1 overs (S. Proverbs 30, K. Wiltshire 14, N. Mayers 12; L. Best 2-12, B. Shepherd 2-13, A. Brathwaite 2-25, T.Barnett 2-27). Barbados Fire Service won by 97 runs. Man of the Match: Shawn Sargeant.