Some of those who were waiting to be allowed entry to Kensington Oval for the Junior Kadooment event. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Concern over spike in drug violations Read More
- QC and Foundation in final clash Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
Kiddies Kadooment 2018 is underway at Kensington Oval.
The Junior Kadooment and Fair in association with Consolidated Finance was scheduled to begin at 9:30 this morning, and has finally started.
A moderate crowd has gathered at the new location at the cricket mecca to observe the young revellers playing mas.
But the event didn’t get going without some logistical issues.
It was pure pandemonium at the Party Stand entrance where the children were asked to gather.
Parents and guardians could be overheard complaining profusely about the issues of getting their children inside the venue and lack of proper communication.
One parent said, "Down here is too confusing and disorganised," while another vented, "Every time they bring this to Kensington, it’s foolishness".
The last time the Junior Kadooment was held at the Oval was in 2008 and it experienced similar issues.
The bands were supposed to begin parading at 9:30 a.m. only got underway at 10:30 a.m.
At this point, only two bands have crossed the stage to parade for the judges. (DB)