2018 Party Monarch Mikey receiving his trophy from Minister of Culture John King. (Picture by Krystal Hoyte)
- Government making strides towards going green Read More
- Debt restructuring the way to stability, says Persaud Read More
- Rain has final say Read More
- Benjamin raps selection process Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rihanna is new Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Read More
Mikey’s wait is over. After seven long years, he is once again Party Monarch, driving away from the MQI/98.1 The One Soca Royale at Bushy Park early this morning with a Mazda 3 valued at $79 900.
In the end, the lack of a real response from the crowd was irrelevant as the high energy My Kind Ah Party found favour with the judges, earning 82 points and $10 000 in cash.
The new king’s car comes with fully comprehensive insurance and other prizes include a staycation, travel, clothing and a year’s subscription to the Daily Nation and Better Health Magazine.
First timer Stiffy’s Lies rang true with the judges and he was second with 76 points, a payday of $20 000.
Defending champion Lil Rick was third with 74 points to the surprise of the crowd. His performance of Mudda Sally won a cool $15 000.
Mistah Dale was fourth with 66 points and earned $10 000 for Bold and Brave.
Mikey’s last win came in 2012 with We Loose.
“It feels really good. We put in a lot of hard work after a rough three or four years,” Mikey said in the first interview after his win.
The other performers, whose positions were not announced, were Nikita, Mac Fingall, Mr Blood and iWeb and newcomers Chrissy D and Ashawnya. (SAT)