Feeling the vibes at UV. (Picture by Nu Visual Media.)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Former NBA player to participate in Digicel camp Read More
- Bajan Gems narrowly defeated by Northern Ireland Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
It was a whole year overdue. Ask Trinidadian soca artiste Erphaan Alves who graced the UV Vibe stage to perform his 2017 hit Overdue.
Not even the early morning showers could cool down the crowd at the ninth staging of UV Vibe held in the early hours of Sunday morning at Soca Beach on Bay Street.
The breakfast party was well catered with food stations and bars aplenty were spread across the covered areas of the venue.
Many acts were on the line-up to bring the sweet musical vibes and as the sun intensified so did the action on stage as Lil Natty and Thunda from Grenada took to the stage to cause chaos with their song Top Strikers which crowned them the road march champions for Spicemas 2017. The song did as much damage here in Barbados as the crowed jumped from left to right on instruction from the stage Mass over there.
All that and appearances from Riddim Tribe, live drumming and even a snow cone cart made this UV Vibe a great Crop Over event. (KS)