- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
CAPTAINS LEAD from the front, and Alex Blackwell did just that last night to propel Australia into the final of the ICC Women’s World Twenty20 Championship.Playing the first day-night semi-final at the Beausejour Cricket Ground, the Aussies defeated India by seven wickets, reaching their 120-run victory target with seven balls to spare.Blackwell came to the crease at No. 3 after opener Elyse Villani went for a “duck” in the first over and fashioned a sparkling 61, embellished with eight fours off only 49 balls.Leah Pouton hit the winning runs, a lofted straight hit for four to finish on 30 not out and carry Australia to 123 for three in 18.5 overs.Player Of The Match Blackwell shared a second-wicket stand of 74 with opener Shelley Nitschike, who made 22.