Mikey is the 2018 People's Monarch. (FILE)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
One. Twice. Three times. Mikey has done it again, winning the People’s Monarch three times.
The 2018 Party Monarch king can now add that title to his 2018 haul.
Feting Family fans came out for the artiste who crushed Lil Rick’s True Story 65 per cent to 35 per cent in the Starcom Network’s Flow People’s Monarch.
He has added $15 000 to his winnings.
Mikey won his first crown Tune Of The Crop in 2004 with the self- penned Come Together. He also came second in the Party Monarch that year. His next win would be the Party Monarch in 2011 with Pavement Anticipation.
He made history in 2012 when he not only successfully defended his Party Monarch crown with No Behaveya, but also won the Sweet Soca crown with We Loose and took his first People’s Monarch crown. He also won Tune Of The Crop.
In 2013, he was dethroned as Party Monarch king, ironically by himself and his bandmate Blood as the group Soka Kartel.
Mikey himself placed second and Blood, third in that competition. In the Sweet Soca he lost to Blood and placed fourth but successfully defended his People’s Monarch title. (NS)