Revellers on the streets for Foreday Morning. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Latapy’s goal to lift Bajan game Read More
- Challenge for SMS, Foundation Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
A noticeably low-key BL&P Foreday Morning Jam took to the streets early this morning.
Apart from the Blue Box Cart band which moved off from Pelican Village just after 1 a.m., other bands moving off from BIDC car park and Queens Park only got moving at 2 a.m.
Under a heavy police presence, the revellers chipped along the route, with the occasional wine and wuk up.
There was no shortage of paint and powder though, as revellers made merry throwing the paint on each other as they waited to move off.
Along Harbour Road, a crowd of spectators gathered but in much fewer numbers than in previous years.
Some spectators complained about having to wait more than two hours to see bands, while others opted to leave after the lengthy wait. (DB)