Revellers on the streets for Foreday Morning. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Warning shot Read More
- Under 17 team in Argentina Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Shanta ready to Throw Wine Read More
A noticeably low-key BL&P Foreday Morning Jam took to the streets early this morning.
Apart from the Blue Box Cart band which moved off from Pelican Village just after 1 a.m., other bands moving off from BIDC car park and Queens Park only got moving at 2 a.m.
Under a heavy police presence, the revellers chipped along the route, with the occasional wine and wuk up.
There was no shortage of paint and powder though, as revellers made merry throwing the paint on each other as they waited to move off.
Along Harbour Road, a crowd of spectators gathered but in much fewer numbers than in previous years.
Some spectators complained about having to wait more than two hours to see bands, while others opted to leave after the lengthy wait. (DB)