Lil Rick (FILE)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
Tune Of The Crop belongs to Lil Rick.
The hitmaker can claim supremacy this year in the National Cultural Foundation’s Crop Over festival. Musically that is.
Apart from the Pic-O-De-Crop competition which he didn't not enter, he has placed first (Sweet Soca), tied with himself for first second and third (Foreday Morning Jam) and now can claim the Tune Of The Crop title.
He placed first with Mudda Sally, earning himself $7 500. He then placed third with True Story, adding $2 000 to the tally for today.
Mikey squeezed in between to take second place with Feting Family, earning himself $5 000. Mikey is also the People’s Monarch and Party Monarch for 2018. (NS)