Kevin Small and his band Fifth Element won the Best Festival Designer in the Republic Bank Grand Kadooment. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Former NBA player to participate in Digicel camp Read More
- Bajan Gems narrowly defeated by Northern Ireland Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
Twice is nice. Designer Kevin Small has once again taken the Robert Weekes Award for Best Festival Designer in the Republic Bank Grand Kadooment.
The young bandleader for Fifth Element brought Street Talk for his theme this year. Since he won best band for Junior Kadooment he has the most value points needed to cop the prestigious award.
His prize this year is a car from MQI and $7 500 cash.
Small also copped 11 other individual prizes including Small band Of The Year, Traditional, Presentation Of The Year, Most Colourful Small band, Community Costume and Best Individual Male which he wore himself, among others. He placed third in Best Band On The Road (George Dear Award).
Betty West and Gwyneth Squires won eight awards each, with West taking Best Band On The Road and Squires placing second in Best Festival Designer. (NS)
Click here for the full results.