- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Jones smashes Forde’s 400m indoor record Read More
- The key for WI Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
The Barbados National Oil Company Limited (BNOCL) is carrying out maintenance on an oil well along Carmichael Road near Boarded Hall, St George. During this exercise the possibility exists that sprays of crude oil could become airborne and be deposited onto the nearby public highway.
The maintenance in being carried out on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. and is expected to be completed on Tuesday, August 14.
The company has implemented a number of measures aimed at mitigating any inconvenience this activity may have on the travelling public.
We are however, urging motorists to assist us in our efforts at maintaining public safety by avoiding travel in this area during this period. In the event that travelling in the area is unavoidable, motorists should exercise extreme caution.
Should anyone require any additional information, please contact Damien Catlyn, health and safety manager, at 418-5222 or 243-8209, or at email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
BNOCL regrets any inconvenience this work may cause and thanks the public for their co-operation. (PR)