Outgoing High Commissioner to London Guy Hewitt. (FILE)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Odds against Windies in One-Dayers Read More
- BFA’s Premier season starts Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
Former High Commissioner to Britain Reverend Guy Hewitt is in the running for one of the Democratic Labour Party’s (DLP) top posts.
The Anglican priest confirmed that he was returning home “ready and willing” to continue a life of service to the people of Barbados.
“My desire has always been to serve my country and her people, in whatever way.”
He went on to state that “while I have no political ambitions I would not ignore the urgings of my compatriots”.
Those close to the leadership race remain tight-lipped about if he is contesting the presidency or general secretary position in Sunday’s 63rd annual conference at The George Street Auditorium.
Hewitt, who has been winding up operations in London, confirmed that he would be in Barbados on Sunday. (AC/PR)
Please read the full story in the Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.