Outgoing High Commissioner to London Guy Hewitt. (FILE)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Jones smashes Forde’s 400m indoor record Read More
- The key for WI Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
Former High Commissioner to Britain Reverend Guy Hewitt is in the running for one of the Democratic Labour Party’s (DLP) top posts.
The Anglican priest confirmed that he was returning home “ready and willing” to continue a life of service to the people of Barbados.
“My desire has always been to serve my country and her people, in whatever way.”
He went on to state that “while I have no political ambitions I would not ignore the urgings of my compatriots”.
Those close to the leadership race remain tight-lipped about if he is contesting the presidency or general secretary position in Sunday’s 63rd annual conference at The George Street Auditorium.
Hewitt, who has been winding up operations in London, confirmed that he would be in Barbados on Sunday. (AC/PR)
Please read the full story in the Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.