Minister of Tourism Kerrie Symmonds speaking during this morning's Press conference. (Picture by Sandy Pitt.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
Government is assembling a National Cruise Development Commission (NCDC) to further develop Barbados' cruise sector.
Minister of Tourism Kerrie Symmonds made the announcement of the 15-person team earlier this morning during a Press conference at the Ministry of Tourism's offices at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre.
The NCDC comprises:
Chairman - Errol Humphrey
Deputy chairman - Dean Straker
Senator Lisa Cummins
Symmonds explained the Commision would start its operations by September.
And after interactions with the public and private sector over the next 12 weeks, the NCDC is expected to report its findings back to Cabinet to plan a path forward for the cruise sector. (AD)