- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Odds against Windies in One-Dayers Read More
- BFA’s Premier season starts Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
From Wednesday, Barbadians will have to lay out more dough if they want to continue to enjoy their favourite pastries.
That’s because, effective August 15, Nicholls Baking Company will increase all of its prices, due to the “rapidly rising costs of production”.
In notices to customers posted at its six locations, managing director McDonald Nicholls regretted the increases which ranged between five cents and $5.85, the latter based on the price of a sheet cake which retailed at $117.
Whole wheat 100 per cent sandwich, white sandwich (large), round top sandwich white and bran, meat rolls, chicken patties, multigrain as well as garlic and herb salt bread (six pack) will cost ten cents more. Bran sandwich (large) will cost 35 cents more and bran and white salt bread (six pack) will increase by five cents.
The company has also introduced plastic bag fees. (SDB Media)
Please read the full story in the Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.