- Now robots join fight against cancer Read More
- BEC: Shades of grey: duty of care Read More
- Leroy Harper passes Read More
- Johnson wins Golf Open Read More
- LOUISE FAIRSAVE: Giving money away Read More
- TALKBACK: Readers’ mixed views on sick certificates Read More
- Rihanna gets VMA lifetime achievement award Read More
Barbados has been plunged into mourning with the death of Prime Minister David Thompson. He died this morning at 2:10. According to reports, he died at his home in Mapps, St Philip with his family by his side. Thompson served as Prime Minister of Barbados from January 2008 when the Democratic Labour Party won the government. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September. It was during May that Thompson, accompanied by his personal physician Dr Richard Ishmael, announced to Barbadians that he was not well and was seeking medical attention. On September 30 Thompson gave his last address to the nation, where he also announced a Cabinet reshuffle. Thompson, 48, leaves to mourn his wife Mara and three daughters. Tributes have already started to pour in.