- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Latapy’s goal to lift Bajan game Read More
- Challenge for SMS, Foundation Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Barbados has been plunged into mourning with the death of Prime Minister David Thompson. He died this morning at 2:10. According to reports, he died at his home in Mapps, St Philip with his family by his side. Thompson served as Prime Minister of Barbados from January 2008 when the Democratic Labour Party won the government. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September. It was during May that Thompson, accompanied by his personal physician Dr Richard Ishmael, announced to Barbadians that he was not well and was seeking medical attention. On September 30 Thompson gave his last address to the nation, where he also announced a Cabinet reshuffle. Thompson, 48, leaves to mourn his wife Mara and three daughters. Tributes have already started to pour in.