- Great gains from BMEX project Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Making most of holiday prices Read More
- Win for media and guests Read More
- Pushing ahead Read More
- WILD COOT: Misuse of savings Read More
- ALTAR CALL: Hold on and keep the faith Read More
- Entertainers close Barbados display in Toronto Read More
Barbados has been plunged into mourning with the death of Prime Minister David Thompson. He died this morning at 2:10. According to reports, he died at his home in Mapps, St Philip with his family by his side. Thompson served as Prime Minister of Barbados from January 2008 when the Democratic Labour Party won the government. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September. It was during May that Thompson, accompanied by his personal physician Dr Richard Ishmael, announced to Barbadians that he was not well and was seeking medical attention. On September 30 Thompson gave his last address to the nation, where he also announced a Cabinet reshuffle. Thompson, 48, leaves to mourn his wife Mara and three daughters. Tributes have already started to pour in.