- ON THE RIGHT: Harmonious regional growth is possible Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Competitiveness a recipe for growth Read More
- Teenage fast bowler in WI Test squad Read More
- Reshuffle the team Read More
- EDITORIAL: Need to revisit Crop Over Read More
- AWRIGHT DEN!: Benefits of travelling Read More
- Kaiso queens Read More
Barbados has been plunged into mourning with the death of Prime Minister David Thompson. He died this morning at 2:10. According to reports, he died at his home in Mapps, St Philip with his family by his side. Thompson served as Prime Minister of Barbados from January 2008 when the Democratic Labour Party won the government. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September. It was during May that Thompson, accompanied by his personal physician Dr Richard Ishmael, announced to Barbadians that he was not well and was seeking medical attention. On September 30 Thompson gave his last address to the nation, where he also announced a Cabinet reshuffle. Thompson, 48, leaves to mourn his wife Mara and three daughters. Tributes have already started to pour in.