- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
The film Barrow: Freedom Fighter from Step By Step Productions has come in for international recognition.
It honours Barbados’ National Hero Errol Walton Barrow and was written and directed by Marcia Weekes.
The film has been nominated by the African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) in the category Best Diaspora Documentary, alongside Evolutionary Blues and Sammy Davis Jr. – I’ve Got To Be Me, both films out of the United States.
Barrow: Freedom Fighter won the Best Film Produced by A Woman of Colour at the African Diaspora International Film Festival (ADIFF) in New York and the Programmers Award at the Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) in LA. Locally, the film captured the Governor General’s Award and a NIFCA Gold Award.
The AMAAs will be held on September 22 in Kigali, Rwanda. (PR)