BHF president Mark St Hill (FILE)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Windies set tough target for England Read More
- WI opt to bat first in opening ODI against England Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
The Barbados Hockey Federation (BHF) has plans of sending a delegation to England next year to embark on a tourism promotion drive of its international festival.
BHF president Mark St Hill said there was a group of hockey members with financial clout he could persuade to be part of the marketing thrust to the United Kingdom.
St Hill said it was an idea he has discussed with Minister of Sport John King.
“We need to get back to some good volunteerism in terms of people giving of their time and going to the UK. It is something that I have spoken to the minister about. I will be coming to certain people in the hockey fraternity that have both the financial ability and also the time about going to the UK early next year and spread the word about the benefits of the Hockey Festival,” he said. (MK)
Please read the full story in the Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.