Kevyn Williams of ABC (right) has control but has to contend with a challenge from Oneal Holder of Maple. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Airbnb to remove listings in Israel’s West Bank settlements Read More
- Barbados, Symmonds, recognised at World Travel Market Read More
- Opening ‘no problem’, for Dottin Read More
- Farley bounces back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Bim Tipsy is in full swing Read More
Defending masters champions Maple and three other teams qualified for the semi-finals after yesterday’s tense action in the 33rd Barbados International hockey festival.
In the battles which were staged exclusively at the football Astro Turf, Maple lost an early skirmish to another semi-finalist ABC 1-0. However, later in the evening Maple fought Bluez Ole Sticks in driving rain and heavy puddles to emerge 1-0 winners.
All Stars advanced to the semis with a 1-0 win over the Islanders while the Y’s Guys proved smarter than Bluez Ole Sticks beating them 1-0.
Over at the hockey turf All Stars and the Y’s Guys drew love all and ABC and Islanders fought to a similar deadlock. (KB)
Please read the full story in the Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.