Barbadian badminton players Monyata Riviera, Dakeil Thorpe and Shae Martin (GPs)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- WIPA executive returns for consecutive terms Read More
- 2nd ODI WI VS England underway Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Actor Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of lying to Chicago police Read More
Barbados advanced to four of five finals in the Caribbean Regional Badminton Confederation Championships (CAREBACO) in Suriname tonight.
Those include the women’s singles, women’s doubles, men’s doubles and mixed doubles competitions.
Current national champion Tamisha Williams will appear in three of those finals.
Starting at 6 p.m., Williams will face Priyanna Ramdhani of Guyana in the women’s singles before she advances to partner with Monyata Riviera in the women’s doubles, and Dakeil Thorpe for the mixed doubles segment.
Barbados will also have an opportunity at bringing home the title when Thorpe joins with Shae Martin in the men’s double final. (RG)