The Malone children Timothy (left) and Marisa (right) sharing their parents' joy at the milestone. (Picture by Gercine Carter.)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
Twenty-five years ago former CBC-TV news anchor Sandra Walters walked down the aisle with the man considered Tortola’s most eligible bachelor at the time.
Meade Malone reflected on how this Bajan girl who stole his heart, had turned out to be the ideal choice of a soul mate, when he spoke at the couple’s 25th anniversary celebrations in Barbados last week.
Sandra is now priest in charge of St George’s Episcopal (Anglican) Church in Tortola, British Virgin Islands, while Meade heads his own accounting firm. The couple’s children Marisa and Timothy, as well as Meade’s brother were among the guests at St James Parish Church Saturday evening when the two renewed their marriage vows and exchanged rings for a second time before the Rev. BeverleySealy-Knight.
Former CBC colleagues and Queen College chums Dr Sharon Marshall and Cecelia Elliott-Alleyne were also there.
During a celebratory dinner which followed at Carizma On The Hill Restaurant at Sugar Hill Estates, the beaming ‘bridegroom’ cut the anniversary cake with his ‘bride’ whom he praised highly for her excellent mothering of their children and for being “my beautiful wife”. (GC)