BACK IN BUSINESS: Jomel Warrican has been recalled to the West Indies' Test squad. (GP)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Jules to miss USVI game Read More
- Two reign supreme Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
ST JOHN’S – Left-arm spinner Jomel Warrican and opening batsman Sunil Ambris have been recalled but there is no room in the West Indies’ 15-man cricket squad to tour India in October for stylish “A” Barbados Pride batsman, Shamarh Brooks.
Warrican and Ambris have been selected to replace fast bowler Miguel Cummins and seasoned opener Devon Smith, who both had disappointing performances in the recently concluded series against Sri Lankaand Bangladesh.
The regional team will play two Test matches at Rajkot (October 4-8) and Hyderabad (October 12-16) against the Virat Kohli-led Indian outfit.
Uncapped wicketkeeper/batsman Jahmar Hamilton, who was chosen for the home Tests against Sri Lanka but was unable to force his way into the starting 11 following an excellent series by first choice gloveman Shane Dowrich, has been surprisingly namedin the squad. (ES)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android