- Airbnb to remove listings in Israel’s West Bank settlements Read More
- Barbados, Symmonds, recognised at World Travel Market Read More
- Foundation encore Read More
- BiiG up Simpson, Smith-Padmore! Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Bim Tipsy is in full swing Read More
There’s been a tidal wave of a change in the body governing local surfing in Barbados.
Four months before its two-year term of office officially ends, the entire executive of the Barbados Surfing Association (BSA) was replaced at an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) last week Wednesday as reports suggest that BSA members were dissatisfied with the sport’s lack of direction.
Gone is Roldano Bellori and his team and taking over is veteran surfing and member of the original BSA executive from 1983, Paul ‘The Surfer’ Bourne.
However, while Weekend Sport was unable to reach immediate past president Roldano Bellori for a comment, a source close to the old executive said illness as well as overseas and work commitments had depleted the old executive and the remaining members decided to call the EGM last week. (HLE)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android