- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Concern over spike in drug violations Read More
- QC and Foundation in final clash Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
There’s been a tidal wave of a change in the body governing local surfing in Barbados.
Four months before its two-year term of office officially ends, the entire executive of the Barbados Surfing Association (BSA) was replaced at an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) last week Wednesday as reports suggest that BSA members were dissatisfied with the sport’s lack of direction.
Gone is Roldano Bellori and his team and taking over is veteran surfing and member of the original BSA executive from 1983, Paul ‘The Surfer’ Bourne.
However, while Weekend Sport was unable to reach immediate past president Roldano Bellori for a comment, a source close to the old executive said illness as well as overseas and work commitments had depleted the old executive and the remaining members decided to call the EGM last week. (HLE)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android