Scores of hopefuls lined up at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre to attend the Sandy Lane job fair. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
Hundreds of people descended on Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre seeking employment opportunities at the Sandy Lane Hotel job fair.
From as early as 5 a.m. people started to queue.
Chief of Security of the hotel James Alleyne said Sandy Lane was known for their first-class customer service and this event had to reflect that standard.
When a NATION team visited the area, scores of people were standing in an orderly fashion outside the centre. At intervals, groups were asked to enter the building to sit and relax out of the sun. The job seekers were also offered cool towels. Afterwards they were given forms to full out and asked to stand in line for the interview process.
Based on observation the job affair attracted a large number of young people. (SB)