Scores of hopefuls lined up at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre to attend the Sandy Lane job fair. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
Hundreds of people descended on Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre seeking employment opportunities at the Sandy Lane Hotel job fair.
From as early as 5 a.m. people started to queue.
Chief of Security of the hotel James Alleyne said Sandy Lane was known for their first-class customer service and this event had to reflect that standard.
When a NATION team visited the area, scores of people were standing in an orderly fashion outside the centre. At intervals, groups were asked to enter the building to sit and relax out of the sun. The job seekers were also offered cool towels. Afterwards they were given forms to full out and asked to stand in line for the interview process.
Based on observation the job affair attracted a large number of young people. (SB)